With only fourteen days left to go in Stage Four: A Love Story’s Indiegogo campaign, we thought we’d share fourteen excellent resources for breast cancer treatment and support. Please share. Wishing everyone peace, courage, love and a fabulous day,
The Stage Four Team!
1) National Breast Cancer Foundation helps women now by providing help and inspiring hope to those affected by breast cancer through early detection, education and support services.
2) Living Beyond Breast Cancer connects people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.
3) Breastcancer.org helps women and their loved ones make sense of the complex medical and personal information about breast health and breast cancer, so they can make the best decisions for their lives.
5) The Rose reduces deaths from breast cancer by providing access to screening, diagnostics, and treatment services to any woman regardless of her ability to pay.
6) Susan G. Komen for the Cure Since 1982, Komen has played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer – transforming how the world talks about and treats this disease and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors.
7) Breast Cancer Research Foundation is working to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime by providing critical funding for innovative clinical and translational research and increasing public awareness about good breast health.
8) Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is committed to providing adults and children with cancer with the best treatment available today while developing tomorrow's cures through cutting-edge research.
9) CancerCare provides telephone, online and face-to-face counseling, support groups, education, publications and financial and co-payment assistance.
10) Fight Like a Girl Club provides a loving, comfortable environment where women battling cancer and other life-limiting diseases, survivors, and loved ones can come together to share stories, experiences, advice, encouragement, and hope with one another. Men are warmly welcomed, as well.
11) Hope Connections for Cancer Support offers support groups for people with cancer and their caregivers; educational workshops with top oncology professionals; stress reduction and nutrition classes; and opportunities for people affected by cancer to connect with and support each other.
12) Cancer Support Community works to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
13) Mayo Clinic Center for Humanities in Medicine supports the primary value of Mayo Clinic, the needs of the patient come first, by integrating the arts and expressions of human culture into the healing environment.
14) Smith Center for Healing and the Arts specializes in serving people with cancer and develops and promotes healing practices that explore physical, emotional, and mental wellness that lead to life-affirming changes.